- The Gisborne Rookies have a guideline of 26 players maximum per team. However, it is left to the coach's discretion to sometimes allow extra players in a particular team.
- Players must play in their correct age group ( determined by age as of 1st January ) unless they gain approval from the Executive. Approval must be requested in writing.
- Under 10's - players must be 8 years of age before they play. If the player is going to turn 8 during the season they are welcome to train and then register closer to their 8th birthday (team numbers permitting)
The Club policy is that that mouthguards are mandatory both at training and on game days.
Helmets are highly recommended and can be purchased from any sports store.
Pre-season Heat Policy
In the case of very hot weather (over 35 degrees) training sessions will still take place however the following common sense provisions will apply:
- First and foremost - if any parent feels that it is too hot for their child to train they are more than welcome to withdraw their child from that session
- As much as possible the players will train in the shade
- Training drills etc will be lighter than normal
- Players can have as many drink breaks as they require
Racial & Religious Tolerance Policy
The Gisborne Rookies Junior Football Club is committed to an environment which promotes racial and religious tolerance by prohibiting certain conduct and providing a means of redress for victims of racial and religious vilification and/or racial discrimination. An outline of what is considered to be racial and/or religious vilification and/or discrimination is contained below.
Racial and Religious Vilification
- No player, spectator or team official shall behave in a way that humiliates, intimidates, ridicules, incites, threatens, vilifies or insults another person because of that person's race, religion, colour or because they come from another country.
- To vilify someone is to speak ill of them.
- The behavior may be in the form of name-calling, general abusive language or talking about someone behind their back.
Serious Racial and Religious Vilification
- No player, spectator or team official shall intentionally behave in a way that is likely to incite hatred against another person, or threaten physical harm or incite hatred in others to cause physical harm to a person or to a person's property because of that person's race, religion, colour or because they come from another country.
- i.e: it is wrong to stir up other people and turn them against an individual because of the individual's race, religion, colour or because they come from another country.
Racial and Religious Discrimination
- No player, spectator or team official shall behave in a way that discriminates, directly or indirectly against another person on the basis of that person's race, religion, colour or because they come from another country.
- Discrimination means treating another person less favorably or unfairly.
Child Safe Policy
- All children who are a part of the Club have a right to feel and be safe. The welfare of the children in our care will always be our first priority and the Club has a zero tolerance to child abuse. The Club aims to create a child safe and child friendly environment where children feel safe and have fun and the Club's activities are always carried out in the best interests of the children.
- A pdf version of this policy is available here